monkeys

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Eian's Birth-tale

What a surprise it was to all of us to welcome Eian into our lives two weeks early. BUT we need to back up a couple of days. Friday; January 22, 2010 our washing machine flooded our kitchen (that's another story in itself). Me, being brilliant and nine months pregnant tried to clean up the mess by myself. As I was mopping up water with towels I slipped and hit my hip head on. No pain at first so I thought nothing of it. Anyways, Reuben ended up coming home from work early and finished cleaning up for me. We had plans that night to go out on a date, so we took Corben over to my parents and away we went. A few hours later my hip was hurting extremely and I had a limp. I knew the baby was fine so I just went on.
Monday morning I had a Dr.'s appointment where I told him the whole story over and after examining me and asking questions, he told me I had misaligned one of my joints in my hip and while doing that the sciatic nerve was pushed down and was being pinched AND the only way to get it unpinched was to basically have a baby. Joy to the World I thought... little did I know that later that night, while in PetCo I would start going into labor.
We arrived at Utah Valley Hospital Monday night around 9:00p.m. I was admitted, gowned, and checked- to my surprise I was dilated to a 3.5. After an hour I had not changed any so they gave me a shot for pain and POOF I jumped to a 5. Corben was picked up by our friends from Lehi and the night began!
It started with a blessing from Reuben and then came the I.V. (which is the WORST part I think), but my nurse was wonderful and took her time and found a good vein and I did not infiltrate -what a blessing! A few minutes later I received my epidural :) Happy Day! Signed some papers, Doctor Anderson walked in, they set up their stuff, propped me up and said PUSH! Well, ha ha little did they know that they would only have to say it TWICE! Eian was out in a total of two and a half pushes! He was born at 1:36a.m. weighing 5lbs and 10oz.

** Eian struggled breathing on his own for the first few minutes of life. He was taken to the NICU to be watched/monitored for the next couple of days. We were able to bring him home Sunday, January 31st 2010. ***

2 comments:

Porsche said...

Whoops, you mean january 31?

So can I come see the little cutie? I will wait until everyone is healthy, but i REALLY want to come!

Anonymous said...

he is so so so stinkin' cute!!! your story scared me!! I'm glad everything is okay. What a beautiful baby! :)