monkeys

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Aunt Maxine

I received news Wednesday afternoon that my Great Aunt Maxine had passed away. Though I was not extremely close to her I felt sorrow for my family members who were. While living in Logan I would go and visit my Uncle Maury (her brother) quite frequent just to say hi and see how he was doing. He would always mention something about Aunt Maxine and how she was. About three years ago Aunt Maxine starting having Alzheimer's and struggled with day to day life. Uncle Maury decided that she needed to be closer where he could help her out --at the time Maxine was living in California; she has since lived in a care facility in North Logan. In these past three years her mind has left her, she was to the point where she did not even know her own brother. So, in a way this death is a good death, she is reconnected with all her thoughts, memories, and loved ones who have passed on before her.
Corben and I travel to Logan tomorrow to attend her funeral on Monday. I already know that I will be crying. I already have cried and am sure to cry more. We will be leaving Reuben behind to take care of Marlene since Chris and Steve are in Texas. I am sad to be leaving him, I know it is only for a day but we are one and to be apart is heartbreaking.
I am usually so excited to go up to Logan, to go and visit my family, friends, fun places and old memories, but not this time. Humbling this trip will be, if not just to be there to support my family members, but to be reminded of our Heavenly Father's plan, and that death is just another step we must all take to return to him. Which is; the goal.

1 comment:

kemery755 said...

I hope you have been doing okay today. I've been thinking about you, and hope that your family is doing well. We'll be praying for you! I'm glad that you'll be able to comfort your family, and I'll look forward to talking to you tomorrow! Love you!!