monkeys

Friday, April 23, 2010

Earth Day 2010

Moses 2:10
"And I, God, called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters, called I the Sea; and I, God, saw that all things which I had made were good."

Reuben and I have such a love for this beautiful earth we have been given. SO, I decided that we were going to start Earth Day Traditions. As with every new idea there are a lot of wrinkles that need ironing out but I think this was a great start!















Getting our planters ready, we planted Sweet Peas and African Daisies.
We also planted those flowers in our flower beds in front of the house.














Showing Corben how to plant the seeds and telling him how they grow into plants














The boys and I. Eian loved being outside, but ohh that sun bothered him.

















Our Earth Dinner: Bean and rice quesadillas with mango salsa and sour cream on the side. Then a fresh spinach salad filled with tomatoes, peperoncinos, blueberries, cranberries, carrots, green onions, and topped with vidalia onion dressing. Our beverage of choice; Apple Juice.
SO DE-LISH!

















Our Earth Dirt Dessert!

AND to finish our a big celebration of Earth Day we watched "Avatar" which Reuben stayed up till midnight the night before (not that that is out of the ordinary, but..) for the purchasing! What a fun day! and I think I already have some new ideas for next year :)

1 comment:

kemery755 said...

Seriously, Mother Of The Year. Not kidding. You're so stinkin creative!!